Easy Seitan Nuggets
- 1 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- ¼ cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup Water
For making the Seitan
- In a bowl, add vital wheat gluten, chickpea flour, salt to taste and mix well to combine.
- Add the water and knead to form a dough. Take the dough out onto a clean surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer back to the bowl and let the dough rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This dough is “seitan” that you can use for making several dishes.
For frying the Nuggets
- Combine the cornstarch and water and mix until there are no lumps. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Heat the oil for frying.
- Cut the prepared seitan into bite sized pieces. Dip each piece in the cornstarch batter and coat with the panko breadcrumbs completely.
- Fry in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and crispy! Season with salt as soon as they come out of the fryer.
- Enjoy your seitan nuggets by dipping them in your favorite sauces.