Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Easy Seitan Nuggets
Crispy, crunchy and completely plant-based nuggets of your dreams! Seitan is a magic preparation that uncannily represents the texture of chicken. For a burst of flavor, add your favorite seasonings into the seitan itself and enjoy!
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- ¼ cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup Water
For making the Seitan
- In a bowl, add vital wheat gluten, chickpea flour, salt to taste and mix well to combine.
- Add the water and knead to form a dough. Take the dough out onto a clean surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer back to the bowl and let the dough rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This dough is “seitan” that you can use for making several dishes.
For frying the Nuggets
- Combine the cornstarch and water and mix until there are no lumps. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Heat the oil for frying.
- Cut the prepared seitan into bite sized pieces. Dip each piece in the cornstarch batter and coat with the panko breadcrumbs completely.
- Fry in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and crispy! Season with salt as soon as they come out of the fryer.
- Enjoy your seitan nuggets by dipping them in your favorite sauces.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 7mg