Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Dubi-Jorim Korean Braised Tofu
Tofu is a big part of Korean cuisine and takes several different shapes and forms, the most popular being Dubi-Jorim! Traditionally made using a base of just Soy sauce, we've given it an Urban Platter twist by adding our newly launched Ssamjang and Doenjang!
- 3 pieces Smoked Tofu
- 2 Onions (finely sliced)
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1- inch Ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp Gochujang
- 1 tbsp Ssamjang
- 1 tbsp Doenjang
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp White Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (sliced thinly for garnish)
- Using a cast-iron grill on high heat, grill the pieces of tofu until they are well charred.
- Once you have the desired colour on the tofu, set it aside.
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add oil.
- Add the onions and cook over medium for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook further for 2 to 3 minutes.
- We are looking for a nice even caramelisation for the garlic, ginger, and onions.
- Once the vegeatbles are well cooked and caramelised, add the Gochujang, Ssamjang, and Doenjang.
- Cook the pastes in the onion well for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce and reduce it for a minute in the pan itself.
- Add the water and let the braising sauce reduce slightly.
- Place the grilled tofu in the sauce and braise in the sauce for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the tofu is soft and well braised, transfer to your desired plate and garnish with the green onion and sesame seeds.