Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Crunchy Cashew Brittle
AKA Chikki in India, this easy to make but also easy to mess up recipe is the perfect gifting idea for any season! Crunchy, nutty, and delicious, this brittle doesn’t need any more adjectives, does it?
Servings: 4 people
- Pastry Brush
- Wooden Spoon
- Silicon Mat
- Line a baking tray with a Silicon Mat. If you do not have a silicon mat, In a pot, add the sugar and water and mix until a wet sand-like consistency is achieved.
- Place the pot over medium heat and begin melting the sugar in the water.
- Once the sugar starts bubbling and there is no more steam rising from the pot, turn the heat to low.
- We do not want to rush the caramelisation process! A low heat will ensure that there is even caramelisation throughout the sugar.
- Once you see a little bit of an amber colour in the sugar, remove it from the heat.
- Evenly sprinkle the baking soda and using a wooden spoon mix it around.
- The sugar mixture will now begin to foam up, so you have to be extremely careful.
- Once the foaming has slightly subsided, add the chopped cashews and mix well to ensure that all the cashews have been coated in the sugar.
- Quickly transfer the brittle mixture onto the silicon mat and spread evenly.
- Let the brittle cool and harden for about an hour.
- Once cool and hardened, break into your desired size of pieces and enjoy this crunchy delight!
Serving: 50g | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 1mg | Sugar: 50g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg