Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Crispy Chinese Tofu
Delicious smoked tofu marinated in our deliciously thick Tamari and then fried to make a delicious and crispy AF snack! Pro tip: Try this recipe with a glass of chilled beer!
Servings: 2 people
- In a large bowl, place the cubed tofu.
- Add the tamari, sesame oil, gochugaru, and garlic over the tofu.
- Using your hands, mix well to coat the tofu in the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate the tofu for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the rice flour and cold water and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs in a wide bowl and set aside.
- Once the Tofu has been well marinated, pick a cube, dip it in the rice flour slurry and into the panko crumbs.
- You can set your coated cubes of tofu in a plate or a tray. These can be frozen for future use as well!
- Heat some oil in a wide pot and get ready to fry!
- Fry the coated cubes of tofu in the oil and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Enjoy these crispy and smoky treats while hot!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1478mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 593IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 4mg