Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Classic Kashmiri Kahwa Tea
The Kahwa has been a part of Kashmiri cuisine for centuries, with spices and flavours from the terroir being added to tea. The addition of rose petals and almonds brings out a beautiful floral and subtle aroma and tastes absolutely fantastic.
Servings: 1 cup
- In a pot, add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the Kahwa tea to it.
- You don't want the water to be boiling as extremely high temperature will ruin the subtlety and flavour of the tea.
- Let the tea steep into the water for 4 to minutes.
- Once the tea has steeped, strain it into your favourite cup and enjoy the perfect afternoon beverage.
- You can add a spoon of light brown sugar to your tea if you like!
Serving: 80ml | Sodium: 12mg | Calcium: 7mg