Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Classic Jeeravan Poha
Poha sprinkled with a generous amount of the classic Indori Jeeravan Spice Mix is a whole different scenario!
Servings: 2 people
Softening the Poha
- Rinse the Poha in a sieve, under tap water for 1-2 minutes till they soften. Leave them aside.
- They should lose their crunchiness and when you break them between your finger, they should easily get crushed or mashed.
Making the Jeeravan Poha
- Shallow fry the peanuts in a pan with oil on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes till they become crunchy. Remove the peanuts from the pan with a perforated spoon and set aside to cool, retain the oil.
- In the same pan, heat up the oil and add the mustard seeds. As the mustard seeds cook, they will start spluttering and make a “crackling” sound. This is a good indication that they are cooked completely.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent or for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies and cook further for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and turmeric powder, cook until they are slightly soft but still holding their shape well.
- Add the roasted peanuts and stir well.
- To the pan with the rest of the ingredients, add the Poha, and sprinkle salt and sugar. Gently mix with a spoon, making sure not to break the poha as much as possible.
- Cover with a lid and cook further for another 2 minutes on a very small flame, mixing gently with a spoon.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle the lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander, while stirring gently. Put the lid back and let the poha slowly cook further for 5-6 minutes, without flame.
- Serve the perfect classic poha on a plate and sprinkle with a generous sprinkling of Jeeravan Poha Masala!
Serving: 150g | Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Vitamin C: 130mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg
Spices & Condiments
Price: (incl. of tax)