Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Classic Italian Minestrone Soup
A hearty vegetable and pasta soup that is adored by Italians far and wide! Flavoured with the goodness of beautiful veggies, our gorgeous San Marzano Tomatoes (all the way from Italy), and Cannellini Beans, this classic Italian soup is a must have in your recipe armoire!
Servings: 2 bowls
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Celery (minced)
- 1/2 cup Carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green Beans (boiled and cut)
- 1/4 cup Zucchini (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Corn
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Elbow Pasta (raw)
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- 2 cups Water
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook further for a few minutes.
- Add the green beans, corn, and zucchini and stir well to incorporate.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well to coat everything with it. Cook this entire mixture for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the San Marzano Tomatoes and crush the whole tomatoes with a spoon.
- Add the pasta and cannellini beans. Mix well to incorporate.
- Add the water and cover the soup base with a lid.
- Let the soup simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Finish with the green spinach and serve piping hot with a piece of toasty bread!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 922mg | Potassium: 1200mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 6267IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 272mg | Iron: 9mg