Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
If you're in love with the aroma of Cinnamon and love having your entire house smell of this beautiful spice, then this recipe is just for you!
Servings: 6 cinnamon rolls
For the Dough
Making the Cinnamon Filling
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon powder.
- Set aside for use later.
Making the Dough
- In a bowl, add the yeast.
- In a wide pot, add the almond milk and butter.
- Heat this mixture very slowly until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch.
- You don’t want this mixture to be too hot as it will kill the yeast.
- If you accidentally heat the mixture too much, simply remove it off the heat and cool it down before adding to the yeast.
- Pour this mixture onto the yeast and mx well to combine.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix again. Let the yeast rise and foam up in a warm and temperate place. Your microwave or oven is the perfect place for this!
- In a large bowl, add the flour, place the flour.
- Once the yeast is foamy and bubbly, add it to the flour.
- Combine the dough slowly until a homogenous mixture is formed.
- Cover the dough with plastic and place in a warm and temperate place for the first rise for about 1 hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, pour it onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for 4 to 5 minutes, until it has a smooth surface.
- Place the dough into the bowl again and let it prove for another hour.
- Flour your surface and transfer the dough onto it. Using a rolling pin, begin flattening and rolling it out.
- Slowly and carefully roll the dough out to a ½-inch thickness.
- Spread the filling onto the dough in a thin layer.
- Carefully begin rolling the dough onto itself. Continue doing so until the end of the rolled out dough is reached.
- Using your palms, even out the thickness of the roll and we are ready to cut it!
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 6 to 7 even rolls.
- Place these rolls into a greased baking tray and leave covered in a warm place for the final prove!
- Once slightly risen, bake the cinnamon rolls in the oven at 180 C for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with your favourite vegan frosting or icing and enjoy with a cup of coffee!
Serving: 80g | Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg