Making the Chocolate frosting the night before
- In a pot, add the coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Once the cream is simmering, turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and pour the hot coconut cream over.
- Using a spatula, mix well until all the chocolate is fully melted and combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- This step is extremely important in making sure that the Chocolate frosting is of the right consistency.
Making the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- In a jar, add the first 1/2 cup of Oat Milk and the apple cider vinegar. Shake the jar well and let the oat milk curdle.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Transfer the curdled milk into a bowl and add the oil to it. Mix well with a whisk and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients into a thick batter.
- Add the instant coffee to the warm 1/2 cup of Oat milk and mix to dissolve. Pour this coffee into the thick batter and mix well again.
- Be careful not to overmix as this will result in a tough cake which is not ideal.
- Pour 65g of the batter into the individual muffin moulds and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the cakes are fully baked, remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- The cakes have to be fully cooled before you can top them with frosting.
Assembling the Cupcakes
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled and the chocolate frosting is fully set, it is time to assemble the cupcakes!
- You will need a piping bag and your favourite piping tip (we have used a star tip!)
- Transfer the frosting into the piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes!
MRP ₹800(incl. of tax)
MRP ₹150(incl. of tax)