Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Cheesy Polenta and Mushrooms
Our Polenta Bramata is a true Italian delight, coming from the Italian countryside. Paired with robust and umami mushrooms and seasoned with our Nutritional Yeast for that cheesy texture, this dish is the perfect dinner for two!
Servings: 4 people
- In a wide skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and heat. Add the button mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook on medium heat until they are soft and have achieved a dark brown color.
- Take the mushrooms off the heat, and set aside until we get ready with our creamy Polenta.
- In a deep pot, add water, almond milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the Polenta and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook the polenta on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and stir the polenta to make sure that it is cooking evenly.
- Cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take the cover off, and add the nutritional yeast and 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Stir to combine everything extremely well and our creamy polenta is ready.
- Transfer the polenta to a bowl and top with the sauteed mushrooms. Enjoy this easy Italian delight with a glass of red wine!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg