Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Blue Sushi Rice
We're trying to have a little fun with our sushi and the first step to it is this super fun Blue Sushi Rice! We've used our Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea to bring out the vibrant blue colour into the rice and it's so easy to make!
Servings: 4 people
- Place the rice in a strainer and rinse while scrubbing the grains with your hands.
- Repeat this process 3 or 4 times, until the water runs clear.
- Transfer the washed rice to a pot and cover with water.
- Add the blue butterfly pea flower tea and salt.
- Slowly bring the pot to a simmer and once it is simmering, cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and let the pot stand covered.
- After 5 to 6 minutes, lift the lid from the pot and and be astonished by the gorgeous blue colour!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg