Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Jackfruit Barbecue Tacos with Roasted Pineapple Salsa
An ode to the streets of Mexico, this perfectly plant-based Jackfruit taco is served with quinoa tortillas and a tangy roasted pineapple salsa. The perfect dish for a Sunday afternoon feast!
- 1 cup Quinoa Flour
- 1½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
Roasted Pineapple Salsa
Making the Roasted Pineapple Salsa
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and line the thick pineapple slices on it. Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Sprinkle salt, smoked paprika and pour 20 ml of olive oil on the slices. Make sure to coat each slice evenly.
- Slide the tray into the oven and roast the pineapples at 220°C for 20 to 30 minutes until they are golden brown on the edges.
- Once the pineapples are roasted, remove them from the baking tray and cool on a plate.
- Cut the roasted pineapple into cubes and transfer to a bowl. Add the onion, chilies, lime juice, coriander, and olive oil and mix well.
- Store the roasted pineapple salsa in the refrigerator.
Making Quinoa Tortillas
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the tortilla and whisk well.
- Set the bowl aside for 10 to 15 minutes for the batter to thicken slightly.
- In medium pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Spoon about 40 to 50 ml of the tortilla batter into the pan and move the pan around to make a thin crepe like tortilla. Repeat to make tortillas until all of the batter has been used up.
- Cover the tortillas with a soft cloth and reserve until you are ready to eat the tacos.
Making the Barbecue Jackfruit Meat
- Follow all the instructions on the Urban Platter Barbecue Jackfruit Meat package.
- Reserve the barbecue meat until you are ready to eat the tacos.
Assembling the Tacos
- When you are ready to eat the tacos, add the barbecue jackfruit filling onto the tortilla and top with the roasted pineapple salsa. Serve with a lime wedge.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 635mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg