Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
A life-long favorite of households all over India with a unique Urban Platter twist! Sheera, Halwa, Kesari Bhaat, whatever you want to call it, this recipe will be ready in 10 minutes!
Servings: 2 people
- In a pan, add ¼ cup of the Vegan Ghee and heat. Add the cashews and fry them until they are golden brown. Remove the cashews and transfer them to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain the excess ghee.
- Repeat the same frying process with the raisins. Since the raisins are already brown, take them out of the hot ghee once they have slightly puffed up.
- In a medium pot, add the water, sugar and saffron and bring it to a boil. Add in the polenta and keep stirring continuously for about 3 minutes, or until the polenta is completely cooked.
- Now, add the remaining ¼ cup of ghee and the fried cashews and raisins.
- To serve, transfer to a bowl and enjoy while piping hot.
Serving: 80g | Calories: 1026kcal | Carbohydrates: 132g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg