Mace is the outer shell of the nutmeg fruit. It has a lighter, sweeter flavor. An aromatic golden brown spice obtained from the dried aril (net-like sheath) which covers the Nutmeg seed, Myristica fragrans Houtt. Mace is yellowish-tan to reddish-tan in color, made up of flat, hornlike, shiny branched pieces with a fragrant, nutmeglike aromatic odor and warm taste. Mace and nutmeg are from the same tree, a large evergreen tree native to the Karnataka state of India.
Urban Platter Whole Mace (Javitri), 30g
₹300.00 (incl. of tax)
- Urban Platter Whole Mace (Javitri), 30g. (Origin: Karnataka, India).
- Mace is the outer shell of the nutmeg fruit. It has a lighter, sweeter flavor. Whole Mace is often known as Mace Blade.
- This is one of the finest quality of Mace, with golden yellow colour and crisp, fresh crop. Also, extremely aromatic and exotic!
- Mace is popularly used to flavour marinades and make some of the most exotic spice blends, particularly of Indian cuisine.
- Urban Platter - Simply Good Food! :)
Out of stockJoin Waitlist