Urban Platter Vettiver Roots, 100g / 3.5oz [Khus, Indianjadibooti, Woody Taste]
$3.51 (incl. of tax)
- Vetiver root (Vetiveria zizanioides) from India is used extensively in Indian and Asian incense mixtures, perfumes as well as fragrant waters. The oil is also used as a fixative in modern perfumes.
- Add to incense mixtures in small amounts to produce an earthy, sweet, heavy, erotic fragrance. The aroma is uplifting, relaxing, and comforting. It cools the body and mind from excessive heat.
- From the roots, oil is extracted and used for cosmetics, aromatherapy, herbal skin care, and ayurvedic soap. Due to its fibrous properties, the plant can also be used for handicrafts, ropes and more.
- Vetiver (Khus) is also used as a flavoring agent, usually as khus syrup. Khus syrup is made by adding khus essence to sugar, water, and citric acid syrup. Khus essence is a dark green thick syrup made from the roots. It has a woody taste and a scent characteristic of khus.
- Urban Platter - Simply Good Food! ;)