Urban Platter Stone Ground Premium Cooking Chocolate Vegan Couverture, 500g / 17.6oz [75% Cocoa, Single Origin Bean, No Trans Fat]
Couverture chocolate is suitable for all types of chocolate making, decoration, melting, moulding, enrobing and baking.
Couverture is the name given to a specific class of high-quality chocolate. Couverture is ideal for tempering and dipping, and this is where it really shines. Use it in any candy recipe where you want a coating with a deep chocolate flavour, a beautiful shine, and a healthy “snap” when you bite into the candy. Use it to make chocolate bars, cover truffles, or make clusters or barks.
Couverture chocolate is delicious and can be eaten on its own for a wonderful chocolate eating experience. You’ll notice it melts more evenly and with better flavour than regular chocolate. The extra cocoa butter and cocoa solids make this chocolate type easier for dipping and candy making of high-quality chocolate bars and clusters.
Couverture chocolate is perfect for baking. It contains a high amount of cocoa butter so it adds an extra dimension of texture and flavour when baking brownies and cakes.
How to temper couverture chocolate?
Below is one of the most popular and simple methods of tempering chocolate (It is called the traditional method):
- First, take small pieces of chocolate and place them into a stainless-steel bowl over a saucepan of water heated to a maximum of 105˚F.
- Allow the chocolate to melt while stirring carefully. Remove the bowl and set over a pot of cold water.
- Stir gently, while making sure that no bubbles are introduced, till a small amount of the couverture begins to set at the bottom of the bowl.
- Return the bowl to the top of a saucepan of room temperature water.
- Stir continually until the cooled, slightly solidified couverture has melted and is thoroughly dispersed – do not exceed the working temperatures below.