The rich source of essential fatty acids found in pumpkin seeds also helps to maintain healthy blood vessels, as do the plant compounds called phytosterols. They also contain phytoestrogens, plant chemicals with a structure rather like the hormone oestrogen, which have been found to help with balancing women?s hormones, and also in helping to prevent heart disease. It also includes Tryptophan, an essential amino acid. Tryptophan has the ability to increase brain levels of serotonin, a so-called happy chemical which can help fight depression.
- Excellent quality Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, which have been lightly salted.
- A great versatile topping for desserts, savouries and beverages!
- Make delicious breads, granolas, dips or cocktail snacks with these. Can be used as a healthier substitue for Cashews in Indian Curries.
- Pop in a handful post workout for a great burst of evergy.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! :)