A time-tested classic recipe which brings together the best of aromas, flavours and techniques. No kitchen should be without Urban Platter’s Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix…! Featuring a warm, complex sweetness and delicate spices, this blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice adds homemade flavour to sweet recipes, like cookies and toppings. It also shines in beverages and savoury dishes, too. Try it on roasted vegetables including sweet potatoes, carrots or acorn squash. The people have spoken and they are still not over pumpkin spice. It’s that time of the year again. Summer is fading away and being replaced with cooler days, changing leaves, and of course, pumpkin spice.
How Do I Use Pumpkin Pie Spice?
While you can use it to flavor your morning latte, pies, and other baked goods, you can also sprinkle it over hard squash and roast, spice up some whipped cream, or mix it into some yogurt or ice cream base it’s quite a versatile spice blend. Use to flavor pumpkin pies and bars.
- Add to other pies such as apple, peach, or rhubarb, for example.
- Add to custards and puddings.
- Sprinkle on eggnog.
- Fold into quick bread batter or cake batter (especially carrot cake or pumpkin cake).
- Sprinkle on squash while baking.
- Use to season cooked carrots.
- Sprinkle on pumpkin soup.
- Add to pancake or waffle batter.
- Use to season baked apples, pears, or peaches.
- Add to apple-sauce.
- Add to cookie batter (especially oatmeal or sugar varieties).
- Combine with plain yogurt and honey or maple syrup.
- Use to flavor breakfast oatmeal and granola.
- Blend it with cream cheese and honey for a lovely spread on raisin bagels.