Spearmint, also known by its botanical name Mentha spicata, belongs to the mint family and is indigenous to Europe and areas of southwest Asia. The tips of spearmint leaves look like pointed spears, which is how the common name was derived. It is a perennial herb that grows up to 3 feet tall. It has lots of properties like,
- To relieve symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Can be used to freshen breath.
- Can be gargled to relieve a sore throat.
- Crushed it can be used on your temples to ease a headache or put directly onto insect stings.
How to Use / Directions
- Excellent for making tea.
- Good for making mint sauce.