Crunchy yet butter textured, pleasantly sweet and delicious pine nuts are small edible seeds of female cone in a pine tree. Pine kernels are, indeed, very good source of plant derived nutrients, essential minerals, vitamins and “heart friendly” mono-unsaturated fatty acids that help benefit in reducing cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Pine nuts are rich in Vitamins A and lutein, both of which are known to support sharper vision.
- Pine nuts build stronger bones, thanks to their Vitamin D content.
- Pine nuts contain pinoleic acid, which makes you feel fuller faster, and thus aids in weight loss.
- They contain heart-friendly monounsaturated fat.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food!