Gum is derived from guar seeds or cyamopsis tetragonoloba termed as Guar Gum. Guar Gum can also be termed as guaran. These seeds have high low-shear viscosity as evaluated with other hydrocolloids like (locust bean gum). Guar Gums are effective thickeners and stabilizers. Guar Gum is relatively cost effective as compared to other thickeners and stabilizers along with it being an effective binder, plasticizer and emulsifier. One of the important properties of guar gum, a polysaccharide, is that it is high on galactose and mannose. Guar gum is also known as guarkernmehl, guaran, goma guar, gomme guar and galactomannan.
- Guar Gum acts as a suspending agent in fruit beverages, maintains viscosity, Improves mouth feel.
- It improves free flowing properties of sauce and reduces separation between water and oil phases. It is unique cold water dispersible, acid resistant, free water binder in salad dressings, sauce, pickles and relishes.
- As moisture retaining agent, dough controller, binding agent, film forming agent, jelling agent, bloom controller, agar and gelatin replacer, glazing agent etc.
- A natural thickening agent, it can be used in dips, sauces, condiments, baking, glazing and also to make beautiful cocktails, since it maintains liquid viscosity.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! 🙂