Urban Platter Raspberry Powder, 50g / 1.7oz [Freeze-Dried, Super-food]
- They’re the delicious, juicy berries so beloved of gardeners, summer drinks menus and spicing up a fruit salad, but how much do you really know about the raspberry?
- Raspberries are perennial with woody stems. Raspberry derives its name from raspise, “a sweet rose-coloured wine”.
- The name may have been influenced by its appearance as having a rough surface related to Old English rasp or “rough berry.
Did you know?
- In some kinds of Christian art, the raspberry is the symbol of kindness. The red juice was thought of as the blood running through the heart, where kindness originates.
- In the Philippines, if you hang a raspberry cane from the outside of your house, evil spirits are supposed to be deterred.
- In Germany, too, raspberry canes would be tied to the horse’s body in the belief that it would calm them down. So much power in one gentle cane!
- Aids in weight loss
- Improves skin health
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Boosts Immunity
Create quick and easy puds, sprinkle on puddings, cake and desserts or just transform homemade lemonade into a vivid pink vision with raspberry powder or blend together with peaches and custard for a low-fat, creamy shake.