Urban Platter Exotic Brazil Nuts, 1Kg (500g x 2 units) [Vacuum packed, Premium, Grade A, Stored in refrigeration for long-lasting freshness]
Brazil nuts are the large seeds of an enormous evergreen tree of the Amazon district. The Bertholletia Excelsa, as this tree is called in Latin, can reach a height of more than 40 meters, with a trunk diameter of nearly 2 and a half meters. Its round fruits with a dark brown color, can weigh more than one and a half kilos and resemble large coconuts with a woody shell. The first historical reference which can be traced to this nut dates from 1569, when a Spanish colonial official collected thousands of these nuts for his tired and hungry troops. It was understandable that they recovered quickly as Brazil nuts contain a high energy level, with high contents of digestible fats, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, and Vitamin B. Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Venezuela, and the Guianas are presently the principal producing countries. Brazil nuts are marketed in shell and shelled form and are eaten raw, roasted, salted, in ice creams, chocolate, and bakery and confectionery products.
- Contains high energy levels! Net Weight: 1Kg
- High contents of digestible fats, calcium, phosphorous, potassium and Vitamin B
- Can be eaten raw, roasted, salted, in ice creams, chocolate and bakery and confectionery products
- Roughly ground, they make good toppings for desserts and add crunch to rice or vegetable dishes
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! 🙂