Soonth, sunth powder or dry ginger is the one spice you must have at hand to keep you in fine health. Ginger has an effective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect which controls the ageing process. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties.
- It reduces muscle pain and soreness
- Maintains blood sugar levels
- Effective in reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis
How to use/Directions
- Use it as a seasoning agent while preparing gingerbread, cakes, cookies and ginger beer.
- Make ginger tea by mixing ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger and 1 cup hot water. Sweeten with honey or sugar as desired.
- Ginger candy is a yummy way to help alleviate the queasiness that sometimes accompanies pregnancy or travelling.
- Ginger and honey mixture is perfect for when you’re feeling a little queasy, have overeaten at a meal or feel like you may be coming down with a cold or flu.