Urban Platter Citrus Fiber Powder, 250g / 8.8oz [Emulsifier, Stabilizer & Thickener]
- Citrus fibre enhances food texture by managing moisture, improves the nutritional profile and may provide potential cost savings in various food applications.
- The product has great versatility in the application scope that includes, bakery, beverages, sauce and dressings, prepared foods, dairy, soups, fruits and vegetables, and other applications.
- Citrus Fiber is a unique all-natural Citrus Fibre produced from Orange Pulp. It has many functional properties that can help food manufacturers to produce high-quality food products.Properties include;
- High water binding and retention of water during cooking
- Reduction of fat content by partial fat and oil replacement in a number of products including Mayonnaise, Cakes, Pastries, Bread, Processed meat products, Sauces etc.
- Emulsification of oils and fats with water (Mayonnaise, Spreads, Sauces, Dressings etc..).
- Reduction of Fat picks up in fried products including Batters, Coatings and Donuts.
The manufacturer will see many benefits including;
- Cleaner label declaration in comparison to the use of gums and starches in the formulation of reduced-fat and standard fat products.
- Reduced cooking times for baked products
- The enhanced shelf life on baked goods and reduced breakage on pastry shells.
- Increased yield and cost savings
Citrus Fiber has a neutral taste and is non-allergenic. It has a fibre content of 70% and is declared as ‘Citrus Fibre’.
Ice crystallization reduction