The Chinese Five Spice blend is a staple in Chinese cooking, and is often used in a technique called “flavour potting”, where meat is steeped in a rich sauce and cooked for long hours. The spices included here are the most commonly used in five-spice powder, with the sweet tones of star anise, cloves and cinnamon with the bite of Szechwan pepper, all married together wtih ground fennel seeds. Some recipes use them in equal proportions, others use more of one to heighten a specific flavor. Generally though, Chinese five spice is dominated by the aroma and flavour of star anise. It is used in many Asian recipes, its sweet tangy flavour goes well with greasy meats like pork and duck. Stir-fried vegetables are enhanced by sprinkling about a teaspoon of Chinese five-spice over them when cooking. Add a little salt and it makes an excellent spice rub for chicken, duck, pork and seafood.
Urban Platter Chinese Five-Spice Powder Shaker Jar, 70g
Price: ₹295.00 (incl. of tax)
- Urban Platter Asian 5-Spice Powder, 70g
- Made from a blend of Cinnamon, Star Anise, Cloves, Sichuan Pepper and Fennel
- Can be used as marinades, in flavouring Asian curries and some traditional Sichuan dishes
- Stir-fried vegetables are enhanced by sprinkling about a teaspoon of Chinese five-spice over them when cooking
- Urban Platter - Simply Good Food! :)
Inventory info above is for your reference and may not accurately reflect on the ordered products. It changes as per the delivery area entered and available stock at the nearest fulfilment centre. By default, delivery area is set to Mumbai until changed.