Urban Platter Chaga Mushroom Chunks, 100g / 3.5oz [All Natural, Premium Quality, Antioxidant]
Chaga is impressive in appearance and effect with its unique shapes and texture. They have a deep, earthy and mild taste.
Chaga also contains the full spectrum of immune-stimulating phytochemicals, immune-boosters, and antioxidants.
Directions: Simmer 2-5 Chaga chunks for 5-30 minutes in 4 cups of pure spring water at 60-65 degrees Celcius to make tea. For greater extraction, grind chunks in a coffee bean grinder to form a powder and make tea using a filter.
Chunks can simmer for an extended period of time depending on desired strength.
Chunk size varies from bag to bag, so feel free to experiment to find your most optimum desired strength.
Helpful tip: Save chunks in the refrigerator and reuse up to 3 times. We encourage this practice as wild Chaga is rare and nutrients can be re-extracted multiple times. High-quality Chaga will have a slight vanilla taste.
Did you know: The tea produced by Chaga mushroom contains vanillic acid giving it a sweet vanilla flavour. Chaga tea is enhanced by using your favourite spices such as cinnamon, curcumin, and vanilla among others.
Chaga Mushroom Chunk Directions:
Brewing Instructions – Stove Top Method
- Add 3 to 5 Chaga chunks to 1 Liter of water Simmer for 3-8 hours to make a tonic.
- Temperature range should be between 50-80 Celsius; never a rolling boil
- Serve hot or let cool to room temperature then refrigerate up to 14 days.
- Store used Chaga chunks in a freezer and reuse 3-5 times or until water runs clear.
- After several brews, you may wish to break Chaga chunks into smaller pieces to enable hot water to penetrate further and extract more goodness.