Urban Platter Black Chia Seeds Shaker Jar, 100g / 3.5oz [Pack of 2, Rich in Antioxidants & Omega-3 Fatty Acids]
- Don’t judge food by its size, these tiny superseeds are packed with essential nutrients like protein, fiber, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Chia is an annual herb also known as Salvia Hispanica is a species of flowering plant in the mint family, Lamiaceae native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala.
- The word “chia” is derived from the Nahuati word chian meaning ‘oily’.
- Chia seeds can be black or white( brown indicates that the seed is unripe). There is no difference nutritionally. They have a mild, nutty flavor, making them a delicious addition to many foods.
Did you know that the Aztecs boast the first record of Chia as early as 3500 B.C. In fact, one of the main foods in the Aztec diet. Ancient warriors attributed their stamina to this tiny seeds. Their tribe is famous for their runners. These runners used to drink a mixture of chia seeds, lemon and water called Iskiate. After drinking this, they are said to be able to run hundreds of miles.
- Promotes Weight loss
- High in fiber
- Energy Booster
- High in omega-3 fatty acids
- Super food for expectant mothers
How to Use / Directions
- Sprinkle chia seeds on cereals, yogurt or salad.
- Try mixing chia into breads, bars and smoothies to give your foods a nutritional bonus.
- Add to homemade granola bars and crackers.