Urban Platter Bee Pollen, 750g [Himalayan Immunity Booster, Natural Superfood & Antioxidant]
- Bees collect pollen from plant anthers, mix it with a small dose of the secretion from salivary glands or nectar, and place it in specific baskets (called corbiculae) that are situated on the tibia of their hind legs called pollen loads.
- After the pollen is collected, it’s brought to the hive where it’s packed in honeycomb cells. Then the surface of the collected pollen is covered with a thin layer of honey and wax, creating “bee bread.” The bee bread undergoes anaerobic fermentation and is preserved by the arising lactic acid. The bee bread serves as the basic protein source for the bee colony.
- The color of the pollen varies, ranging from bright yellow to black.
- It is approximately 40% protein and is considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods.
- Reduces Inflammation
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Boosts the immune system
- Serves as a dietary supplement
How to Use / Directions
- Can be added to yogurt, cereal and baked goods.
- Blend and add to smoothies or sprinkle over salad.
- Can be added to warm water for 2-3 hrs, which leads to the cracking of seed and release of nutritive value. Drink this Solution or add it to a smoothie to get awesome bee pollen benefits.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food