Urban Platter Basil Seeds (Sabja), 850g
The basil seeds that are used for eating are the seeds from the sweet basil plant, Ocimum basilicum. They are also called Thai basil seeds, falooda, sabja, subza, selasih or tukmaria. This is different from the holy basil plant, Ocimum tenuiflorum, which is also called tulsi. Blend in a lemonade or sprinkled over kulfi, they impart their own fresh and grassy touch. You can munch on these seeds as a low-calorie snacking alternative. Add it to pastas or soups for a crunchy feel.
- Helps in weight loss
- Reduces Body heat
- Relieves constipation and bloating
- For healthy skin and hair
How to use/Directions
These are a few different ways you can start eating basil seeds:
- Add them to drinks, such as fruit juices, coconut milk or teas.
- Blend them into smoothies.
- Sprinkle on top of salads.
- Mix into vegan cheeses or cream sauces.
- Use them in desserts where you would use tapioca or other thickeners.
- Combine with yogurt and fruit.