- Sandalwood has a distinctive soft, warm, smooth, and milky precious-wood scent.
- Sandalwood Sticks/powder/paste are integral to Indian rituals and ceremonies, to mark religious utensils, and to decorate the icons of the deities.
- It is also used as Medicinal ingredient in many Herbal Medicines, and is also used in many Beauty products too.
- Sandalwood in all its form [powder, oil, paste, sticks] is used in all Daily Traditional practices in Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Sufism, also in Chinese & Japanese rituals.
- Unlike many other aromatic woods, Sandalwood can retain their fragrance for decades.