Urban Platter Artisanal Garam Masala is the most prominent and most aromatically potent masala mix in Indian households. The Urban Platter Garam Masala is a secret combination of unique spices, which are freshly roasted in the right proportions with no added preservatives and immediately pulverised for that aromatic infusion into your meals.A spice blend that is a must have in your kitchen spice trove. Best Indian, freshly roasted, handcrafted spices delivered fresh straight from the master creators to your homes. And while you’ll find it in the ingredient list for curries, meat, and soups, this warm blend also has a place in many of the dishes you regularly cook.There are many different versions, often dictated by region. Most Popular Use: Poultry, vegetables, soup
Garam masala, which literally means warm spice, is a staple blend used in Indian cooking. The exact mix can vary between household and regions, though it typically includes cinnamon, star anise, cloves, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, and peppercorns. This is not a very spicy mix, it’s used for it’s deep, warming flavour rather than heat. How To Use Garam Masala: Its best when added at the end of cooking and can even be sprinkled on a dish when serving.
- Add to soups and stews.
- Use as a rub for poultry or meat before roasting, broiling, or grilling, or sprinkle on before serving.
- Blend with a little water to make a thick paste. Serve to the side of meat, fish, or poultry, for dipping.
- Blend with softened butter and serve over cooked green beans, parsnips, potatoes, carrots or squash.
- Add to sour cream or yogurt for a dip or baked potato topping.
- Use to season onion-based meat and poultry sauces.
- Add to Pilaf and other grain dishes.
- Whip up a simple, cooling Indian raita by combining sliced cucumber with plain yogurt seasoned with Garam Masala. Serve with spicy dishes.