Urban Platter All Natural & Sliced Jalapenos, 400g [drained weight 300g]
- That fire you feel when you bite into a jalapeno? That heat which comes is a chemical called capsaicin! The jalapeno is a medium-sized chili pepper pod type cultivar of the species Capsicum annuum. A mature jalapeno fruit is 5–10 cm (2–4 in) long and hangs down with a round, firm, smooth flesh of 25–38 mm (1–1 in) wide. It can have a range of pungency, with Scoville heat units of a few thousand to as high as 10,000.
- Try adding pickled jalapenos to your salads, or remove the seeds and white pith and add chopped jalapeno to your wraps, soups, salads and casseroles.
- Add a slice or two of jalapeno to your morning smoothie. It’s especially good paired with kale and green apple for a spicy and astringent smoothie, or with orange and mango for a sweeter one.
- Or juice it along with carrots and your favorite greens for a deliciously spicy vegetable juice.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food!