- Drizzle it over salad or mix it into the salad dressing.
- Use in marinades or sauces for vegetables. The oil penetrates nicely into the first few layers of the food being marinated.
- Add at the end of cooking for a burst of flavour.
- Drizzle over cooked pasta or vegetables.
- Use instead of butter or margarine as a healthy dip for bread. Pour a little olive oil into a small side dish and add a few splashes of balsamic vinegar, which will pool in the middle and look very attractive.
- For an easy appetizer, toast baguette slices under the broiler, rub them lightly with a cut clove of garlic and add a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Replace butter with olive oil in mashed potatoes or on baked potatoes. For the ultimate mashed potatoes, whip together cooked potatoes, roasted garlic, and olive oil; season to taste.
- Make a tasty, heart-healthy dip by mixing cooked white beans, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor; season to taste with your favorite herbs.
- Use olive oil in your sauces — whisking will help emulsify or blend, the watery ingredients with the oil in the sauce.