Kokum Sharbat is one of the popular drinks during summer. Not only due to its availability but also because of the sweet and sour taste. If you are craving for a refreshing drink this summer? Then kokum is the best to beat the summer heat. It is known by various names across India including Bindin, Biran, Bhirand, Bhinda, Kokum, Ratamba or Amsol. Kokum’s botanical name is Garcinia indica. It is a tiny fruit which is red in colour when it is raw and turns into deep purple when it ripens which is then sun-dried to be used as culinary and medicinal aid. This refreshing summer sips will quench your thirst and please your palate. In addition to flavouring and preservative effects of the fruit extract, it is also considered to be one of the prime herbs that are beneficial for health.Health benefits
How to select
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Beats the body heat
- Get relief from all digestive issues
- Aids in weight loss
• kokum is usually available as dried rind or fruit.
• Look for a deep colour. Deeper the colour, better the kokum.
Let me share a quick recipe on Kokum Solkadi
- Soak 10 to 12 kokum rinds in 1/2 cup of water for about half an hour.
- Then squeeze them and add 2 cups of warm water and 2 cups of coconut milk to it.
- Add salt for taste and temper it with mustard seeds, cumin, garlic, asafoetida and red chillies.
- Enjoy with meals for healthy digestion
$8.41 (incl. of tax)
$5.61 (incl. of tax)
$4.21 (incl. of tax)
$4.91 (incl. of tax)