Not a fan of Kale? Well, you are not alone but one should know the incredible benefits of this super green! Also there's another way to get your kale content in..ask me how? Kale or leaf cabbage is one of the oldest forms of the cabbage family. Rich in vitamins K, A and C, along with other vital nutrients, the health benefits of kale include detoxification, good for vision, heart healthy and myriad health benefits.
1) Rich in Antioxidants Kale like other greens is very rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances which help counteract oxidative damage caused by free radicals in the body.
2) For a healthy vision Kale contains cartenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which promote vision and the health of the retina. Moreover, Lutein and zeaxanthin are responsible for bright red, yellow and orange hues in many fruits and vegetables.
3) Promotes weight loss Kale has low calorie content and high water content due to which it keeps you full thereby aiding weight loss.
4) Fortify your bones Without calcium, bones can become weak and brittle, so getting a good amount of this each day can help improve the healing process. Kale is a great source of calcium and is a good source to increase bone density, or simply just for building normal healthy bones.
5) Helps in detoxification Kale is effective in eliminating toxins from the body. This is due to a component in kale called isothiocyanates (ITCs) which are made from glucosinolates. So sip a glass of kale juice early morning to get rid of all the toxins!