Honey which date backs to more than 4000 years has remained an integral part of our lifestyle. It is the simplest and often the best way to soothe a sore throat, and it can be taken at any time. Just add lemon juice and a cup of warm water, and you have an age old remedy for colds which is still effective. Honey isn’t only delicious and good for the insides but for our skin as well.
- Add lemon juice, honey and baking soda to a small bowl.
- Mix well and apply over the face and neck. Avoid the area near your eyes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the mask with warm water, then with cold water.
2.For Oily skin
- Take 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to it.
- Use a hand blender to form a consistent paste.
- Apply the mask once weekly. Leave it on 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it thoroughly using a fork.
- Add 1 each of lemon juice and honey.
- Using a hand blender, mix the three to form a consistent paste.
- Mix one teaspoon raw honey with one teaspoon coconut oil or olive oil.
- Apply to the affected area, and massage with the tips of your fingers in a circular motion for one to two minutes.
- Place a hot washcloth over your skin, and let sit until cool. Repeat daily.
- Mix one part raw honey with two parts pure aloe vera gel.
- Apply to sunburned skin.
6.For dry skin
Honey mask is an excellent cure to get rid of dryness way instantly. You just need to apply a thick layer of honey on the face and leave that for 30 minutes. Then wash the face with plain water.
- Blend 1 cup of chopped papaya pieces to a fine paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of papaya and honey and mix well.
- Wash the skin and apply this mixture.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- Or you can also add 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel or lemon juice to the mixture and follow the process.
- Repeat this process daily.