Preparing an avocado can be messy! Not if you follow the below step by step instructions to do so.
- Firstly wash the fruit. Then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seed with a metal spoon.
- Glide the spoon between the skin and flesh and gently scoop out the flesh.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt optional
- Score avocado, remove seed and scoop out flesh.
- Peel cucumber and remove seeds.
- Remove stems from cilantro.
- Place avocado, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, water, and salt if using into the blender.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
Apple green & Kale Smoothie
⅔ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
¾ cup ice
1 ½ cups kale (chopped, packed)
1 stalk celery (diced)
½ Gala apple (cut into chunks)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
Agave nectar (to taste)
- In a Blendtec blender, combine almond milk, ice, kale, celery, apple, and flax seed. Blend on high until smooth.
- Taste smoothie. Add agave nectar if needed and blend again.
Wheat grass & Blueberries Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds (pre-soaked)
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1 Cup almond milk
- ½ Banana
- ½ Cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon wheat grass powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
Pomegranate Banana Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils (the jewels/seeds)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons of milk or pomegranate juice, to thin to desired consistency
Put all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
1/2 ripe large mango (unfrozen)
4-5 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
Juice from one passion fruit (this is flavourful stuff!)
1/4 cup guava juice
1/2 cup orange juice (or more to induce blending)
Stick everything in a blender and blend away!! Add more juice as necessary to desired consistency. Keep it as thick as you can, a straw is a must for this one!