Preparing an avocado can be messy! Not if you follow the below step by step instructions to do so.
- Firstly wash the fruit. Then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seed with a metal spoon.
- Glide the spoon between the skin and flesh and gently scoop out the flesh.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt optional
Score avocado, remove seed and scoop out flesh.
Peel cucumber and remove seeds.
Remove stems from cilantro.
Place avocado, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, water, and salt if using into the blender.
Puree until smooth and creamy.
Apple green & Kale Smoothie
⅔ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
¾ cup ice
1 ½ cups kale (chopped, packed)
1 stalk celery (diced)
½ Gala apple (cut into chunks)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
Agave nectar (to taste)
- In a Blendtec blender, combine almond milk, ice, kale, celery, apple, and flax seed. Blend on high until smooth.
- Taste smoothie. Add agave nectar if needed and blend again.
Wheat grass & Blueberries Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds (pre-soaked)
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1 Cup almond milk
- ½ Banana
- ½ Cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon wheat grass powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
Pomegranate Banana Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils (the jewels/seeds)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons of milk or pomegranate juice, to thin to desired consistency
Put all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
1/2 ripe large mango (unfrozen)
4-5 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
Juice from one passion fruit (this is flavourful stuff!)
1/4 cup guava juice
1/2 cup orange juice (or more to induce blending)
Stick everything in a blender and blend away!! Add more juice as necessary to desired consistency. Keep it as thick as you can, a straw is a must for this one!