There are a lot of special things that can be done with the coconut fruit; aside it being crunchy and delicious or being bored with straws to sip its juice, it can be very useful in more ways than one. One of the ways it can be used is in baking. Baking with coconut flour have proven to be delightful and have further given rise to more creative recipes and dishes. Coconut flour is a soft flour produced from dried coconut meat. It is a natural byproduct of coconut milk production. It is very popular among those outsourcing for grain-restrictive diets or any grain-free diet. Coconut flour can offer a gluten-free and protein-rich alternative to traditional grain-based flours.
Baking with coconut flour has great benefits and below are some of them;
1) Number one, which is perhaps the most important is that it is gluten-free and is unaccompanied by problems associated with grain- based flour. 2) It is rich in protein, fat and fibre. This makes it very satisfying, especially when rolled into balls or morsel. 3) It is rich in minerals and vitamins like vitamin C and Manganese which improves greatly, the general body well-being; with strong bones.
Vital Points to Note
- Coconut flour must be used in totality when baking. Should not be mixed with other flours at 1:1 ratio.
- Flours are generally absorbent but coconut flour is a bit on the extreme. So, a very little coconut flour is needed to successfully produce a recipe.
- Coconut flour has a very clumpy feeling and must be beaten thoroughly with the needed ingredients to get the best texture to suit your desired taste.
- In the case of frying or sauteing and the flour is used to dredge meats or vegetable, you can not use it in the same quantity as the wheat flour.
Which Coconut Flour is Best for me?
The question of which is best will always be a debate as there are so many products out there in the market but with Urban Plaster Coconut flour, you know you are getting the best deal that is unbeatable. Top quality flour which is gluten and preservative free, essential for a good living. It tops the stack and completely knocks out the competition.
Dry Fruits, Nuts & Seeds