If we were to tell you that we have cracked the perfect blend of proteins, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals all in a bag, you would probably not believe us and might even laugh at us. But we actually have done so and no, it is not some crazy concoction of powders fortified with nutrients and goodness. We have just tapped into nature and brought to you what the earth offers us because the answer to good health has always been right there in front of us!
This bag mentioned above contains what was previously only considered to be bird-feed and was never taken as a serious nutrient source until very recently. We are talking about our seed blend that brings you the health benefits of all the edible seeds on the planet inside one bag. We offer pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and many many more. Let’s look at some nutritional facts that these seeds can bring to your daily diet!
- Seeds are high in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats
- Seeds are considerably low in saturated fats
- They are exceptional sources of dietary protein and are a great alternative to animal proteins.
- Seeds are free of dietary cholesterol
- Seeds are extremely rich in clean dietary fibre
- Seeds are rich in phytochemicals that act as antioxidants
- Seeds are filled with vitamins and several trace minerals such as magnesium, zinc, plant iron, calcium, copper, selenium, phosphorus and potassium.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind when beginning to integrate seeds into your diet is that the absorption of nutrients is different for each seed. Therefore, the name of the game is variety. Having a fistful of seeds of all kinds with a varied nutrient density can prove to be extremely beneficial in the long run. Seeds help in weight regulation as they have a huge satiety value and will make you feel full.
We at Urban Platter want to endorse a healthy, plant-based diet and seeds are a hugely important part of that! So, next time you feel like snacking at 4pm, reach for a bag of one of our seed blends instead of that bag of empty calories (looking at you, potato chips)!