Acai berries are small, deeply purple coloured berries and 1-inch round fruits that grown in the rainforests of Central and South America. They have a dark purple skin and yellow flesh surrounding a large seed. It grows from the plant Euterpe which is a type of tropical tall palm tree that produces clusters of small berries. These small berries have a huge impact on your health and happiness. Some of its five health benefits are as follows,
High in Antioxidants
Acai berries are rich in antioxidants which slows down aging process. They work to protect the cells by damage caused by oxidants.
Boosts skin health
We often cover our face with creams made from multiple chemicals, not all of which are beneficial to the body. So, why not opt for a natural face pack? Since acai berry has up to four times the amount of antioxidants than other fruits. Using them every day keeps the skin glowing and healthy.
Stimulates healthy digestion
The high amount of fiber present in acai berries helps improve digestion and assimilation of nutrients and prevents constipation. Furthermore, acai is a colon cleanser, which prevents the accumulation of harmful substances lodged in the colon. In this way, acai berry can help prevent constipation and other digestive issues. Plus, as they improve metabolism, acai berries can speed up bowel transit time. This prevents foods from fermenting, an occurrence that can lead to bloating, gas, as well as constipation.
Regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels
Loaded with omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids as well as with large amounts of proteins and fibers, acai berry fruits are able to lower LDL cholesterol levels and to regulate blood sugar values, contributing to a healthier circulation and reducing the risk of diabetes and heart conditions.
Acai cashew bites with coconut and lime
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons acai powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey (or maple syrup or agave)
- 1 lime, both juice and finely grated zest
- Start by adding the cashews, shredded coconut and acai powder to a food processor and pulse until the mixture has turned into a fine meal.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until everything is well combined and roll the mixture into small balls. If you want to add the berry coating then simply roll the acai bites in the freeze-dried berries, you can give the berries a quick blend in the food processor to turn them into a fine meal.
- Put the acai bites in a lidded container lined with baking paper and place them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before serving, enjoy!
Kiwi Acai Berry
- 1 tbsp of acai berry powder
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
In a blender put acai berry berry powder, banana, kiwi and berries with one cup of coconut milk and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a bowl and line with peeled kiwi pieces sliced in half moons. Fill center with granola and top with diced strawberry pieces. Enjoy with a side of fresh berries.
Fruit & Vegetable Powders
Sugar, Syrups & Honey
Dry Fruits, Nuts & Seeds