Troubled by acne, blemishes, or dry skin? Instead of going for commercial beauty products, opt for sandalwood powder. Sandalwood is a fragrant wood belonging to the family Santalaceae and the genus Santalum. It is also known as chandan powder in hindi. It adds years to your skin and make you feel and look younger. There are five quick ways to use sandalwood powder.
1)Exfoliates Skin to give a fairer look
Exfoliation is must to keep skin healthy and soft. It is a technique to remove the dead skin cells. Sandalwood powder is the best for exfoliation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1 tablespoon of chickpea powder, and rose water or milk into a paste.
- Gently massage this paste on your face in a circular motion.
- Let the face pack dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
2)Say Goodbye to Pimples
Overproduction of oil and a build-up of bacteria causes pimples. Sandalwood has the ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria and to prevent the skin from becoming too oily. To get rid of pimples just,
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of turmeric powder into a paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
3)For Sun Tan
Get rid of Sun tan by taking a tablespoon of sandalwood powder, orange peel powder and yogurt. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply the paste on affected areas. Wash it off with water after it dries out.
4)Combats dry skin
Dry and itchy skin? Are you suffering from these issues? Well, apply sandalwood paste for half an hour twice a week and wash it off with cold water.
5)Get rid of eye bags
Sandalwood powder works best to reduce puffiness and bags. Mix a sandalwood powder with rosewater to create a watery paste and apply under eyes by gently patting. Rinse gently with cool water.
Baking Ingredients, Flavouring & Colours