- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tablespoon dry cucumber powder
- 1/4 cup peeled and grated potatoes
- 2 tbsp besan
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- Oil for greasing
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add 1 1/4 water and mix well.
- Grease a non-stick tava with a little oil, pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to form a thick circle.
- Cook it, using a little oil, till they turns crisp and golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 4/5 mint leaves
- Combine the cucumber, lemon juice, mint leaves and black salt with 1 cup water in and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Pour in a shot glass and serve immediately.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1)Peel strips from cucumbers to create decorative edges if desired; cut into slices.
2) In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, red pepper, celery, onion, carrot, seasonings and chopped cucumber.
3)Fill cucumber slices with cream cheese mixture, about 1 teaspoon in each. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Spread butter over four slices of bread. Layer with cucumber and tomatoes; sprinkle with salt, pepper and mint. Top with remaining bread. If desired, cut each sandwich into quarters.
- 2 cups cucumber cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/4 cup low-fat curds
salt to taste
2 tsp low-fat butter
1 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
For The Garnish
a few mint leaves
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cucumber cubes and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10-12 minutes or till the cucumber turns soft. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the cucumber, milk, curds and salt and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the chopped cucumber and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the cucumber-milk mixture and mix well. Cool slightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled garnished with mint leaves and black pepper powder.
Spices, Herbs & Masalas