Not many people know the innovative uses of baking soda in our everyday life. Just like only a few people actually, know that its chemical name is Sodium Bicarbonate. Apart from the cliched use, which is baking, it can also serve a lot of other purposes. In this article, we'll be exploring ten of them.
1) For cleaning the toothbrush: Keeping the toothbrush clean is just as important as keeping our mouth and body clean. With that said, this can be achieved by using the baking soda. Mix about 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1/4 cup of water and soak the brush in it overnight. The brush will be clean and fresh in the morning.
2) Natural Ant Control: Yes, you read it right. Use baking soda for ant control, and you can get rid of them. Pour baking soda on their trails or in their holes, they are repulsive to baking powder.
3) Deodorant: This sounds weird right? Yeah, but it's very true. If you keep a box of baking soda in the fridge, the natural deodorizing properties will work its magic. Therefore, this makes it a great natural deodorant. Need another tip? Mix it with water until it makes a slightly moist but not runny paste. You can apply the paste to your underarms to prevent sweat stains and body odor.
4) As Exfoliant: Baking soda can serve as an all natural exfoliant for people with oily and acne-prone skin. Mix some baking soda with water and gently scrub it on your skin in a circular motion to shed dead skin cells. This will reveal the fresh and glowing skin underneath.
5) Heartburn Treatment: Heartburn is a popular condition which gives a burning sensation in the chest region. It can be relieved by using baking soda, mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with water. Taking it every two to three hours will do the trick. Make sure not to exceed seven doses in 24 hours.
6) Natural Toothpaste: What do you do when you run out of toothpaste and in a hurry to go somewhere? Run to the mall or go without brushing? Do neither. Using Baking Soda, you can have a good mouthwash and fresh breath. Combine 5 parts of baking soda with 1 part sea salt. Mix them both with some water and your toothpaste is ready.
7) Shoe-stink: How does baking soda deal with shoe-stink? Well, it can get rid of it. Try sprinkling some baking soda inside and leave them overnight. In the morning, shake the baking soda out of the shoe and you should be good to go.
8) Energy Booster: Feel so tired after the long tiring day? Add some baking soda to half a cup of water. The drink will make you feel great and renewed.
9) Shiny teeth: This is something that people has no idea about. So, how does it work? Mix equal parts of baking soda and coconut oil with a few drops of peppermint oil. You'll get an incredibly effective all-natural whitening toothpaste.
10) Hand Softener: Baking soda can be used as a hand softener and is very useful for some people. Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to your liquid hand soap. This will act as an exfoliate to remove dead skin and soften the skin on your hands.